“MassBioDrive is a great educational program that helped us address many lingering questions from intellectual property protection to fundraising strategies and presentation skills. The panel discussions with the mentors of diverse expertise in the biotech industry strengthened our business and development strategies.”Shoutian Zhu, Ph.D., CEO of PhenoTarget Biosciences, Spring 2022 Cohort
Spring 2024 Application Open
MassBioDrive is an accelerator program designed to advance breakthrough science while providing opportunities to innovators from all parts of the life sciences ecosystem.
Twice a year, we support a small group of groundbreaking scientists by connecting them with business fundamental curriculum, mentorship, industry connections, and equity-free prizes – without taking anything in return.
Key Application Dates:
|S24 Cohort application open
|January 26 @ 12 PM ET
|Deadline to apply for S24 Cohort
|Applicants notified if accepted to interview round
|Week of February 26
|S24 Cohort interviews with Review Board
|Interviewees notified if accepted into S24 Cohort
Deadline to apply: January 26, 2024 at 12:00 PM (noon) ET.
During each hybrid eight-week program, we connect you with:
- Six industry-specific curriculum modules led by experts
- A small, dedicated group of industry mentors tailored to fit your needs
- Networking opportunities and industry connections:
- End-of-program Demo Day, where you’ll present your company to a curated group who can take your company to the next level
- 1:1 targeted partnering opportunities meeting(s) with life sciences leaders
- An equity-free stipend from Bristol Myers Squibb
- Access to and/or resources from MassBioDrive partners including Bristol Myers Squibb, Evaluate, and Google Cloud
Delve into the stories and feedback from our past Drive cohorts.
You’re eligible to apply for MassBioDrive if:
- You have a therapeutic, biologic, or platform technology that you believe can become the next big biotech startup
- Your startup has access to the intellectual property for your science or technology, either through a license agreement or through an option agreement to negotiate a license agreement
- Your startup has raised less than $1 million in equity-based funding
- You will be able to participate in all cornerstone components of the program (curriculum, weekly mentoring sessions, and networking events)
MassBioDrive does not take any equity from the companies we support and our program is free to all participants.
Additional Applicant Information
Please note that this is a non-confidential program. Accordingly, do not include any confidential information or any information that could be harmful to your startup should it be disclosed in your application.
Code of Conduct
Underscoring MassBio’s commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive life sciences ecosystem, MassBioDrive is committed to supporting and advancing innovators from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.
If applying isn’t the right fit for you, learn more ways to get involved with MassBioDrive.
FAQs & Contact Information
If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or reach out to our Innovation team.